{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Wednesday 24 December 2008

Preparations for Christmas Day



This is the first time in 8 years that I've been off on Christmas Eve so a lot of getting ready is down to me and one of my sons as my husband and other son are at work. I'm shattered now as I have to do a bit, then rest, do a bit again. I have attached some pictures of our table ready decorated for tomorrow along with the tree (we normally have a real tree but couldn't afford one this year so I was given this tree for attending bingo the other week but we think it's done us proud), a pile of presents wrapped up and ready to be opened and one of the Christmas cake I have decorated this morning. My husband made the cake but used a different tin and therefore I found it hard to stretch the icing out but have done the best I can do. I have put the cake band round that I cross-stitched about five years ago. It takes pride of place on the cake every year as it took soooooooooooo long to make!!!

2 comments:

PixieHouse Creations said...

It all looks lovely Kym Hope oyu had chance to rest and enjoyed christmas with your family
hugs Wendy xx(pixiehouse on JS forum) xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Hi Kym - just wanted to say thank you for sharing your lovely christmassy photos with us. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time and that 2009 is very good to you all
Ann x