My colleague also wanted a card for her partner for his birthday who is a rugby referee at the week-ends. This card I had all planned out - but that all went to pot and when one thing went wrong it just escalated and became a nightmare. I made the paper to go on the front of the card by merging two backing paper and then stuck it on the front. I then put the acetate inside and stuck it together only to find the paper on the front was upside down so I had to remove it, print some more, draw around the aperture again, cut it out and stick it on. I then chalked the other side of the rugby player. Then I decided to make the other backing paper myself in My Craft Studio and added some rugby words - after trawling on the Internet as I know NOTHING about rugby - and added them in different fonts/in different directions and I got bog-eyed. The verse was added along with some rugby balls for decoration. The card was finished off with ribbon. I just hope she likes it!!!
This card should fit the bill for the CRAFT Challenge Blog which has to have movement on it ie flipping, turning etc. This card has to be flipped over to get the full impact and is from La Pashe's Flippin' Men range so I hope this is OK.
This card should also fit the bill for the One Stop Craft Challenge Blog this week as the topic is "Let's hear it for the boys!". I know some girls like rugby but I think more boys like it.