{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Saturday 27 March 2010

Commissioned Bookmark


I was asked to make a bookmark from one of my customers.  This is the first for me.  He said that it HAD to be Art Deco and left the rest to me.  I have made numerous bookmarks but never been totally happy with any that I've laminated.  I recently saw someone on Create and Craft making a tent style bookmark and I thought this would be perfect.  I used my My Craft Studio Deco Follies CD and decided I wouldn't just decorate two sides, I'd do all four so the recipient could change which way round she wants it each time she uses it.  I have used plenty of layers so that you know there is a bookmark left in the book and no chance of it going back in a book to the library!!  The bookmark has peel-offs and gems to accent areas.  I need some therapy as I used one of my beloved tassels on it to finish it off.

I am entering this bookmark into the following challenges:

The Character Cafe - Anything but a card
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Make a bookmark
Cute Card Thursday - Dimension.



8 comments:

Fink said...

Awesome and a great project for this weeks challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Character Cafe!

Beryl K said...

What a brilliant idea Kym, would never have thought of that. It's a gorgeous.
Beryl x

jordiegirl said...

What a fabulous idea decorating all four sides.

Another great project by you.

I have the Deco Follies CD too, I have made a few cards with it and I think it's great.

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful!!!
Thank You for joining us at Character Cafe this week,
Look forward to seeing more of your lovely work,
Hugs
Angie

Kendra said...

Fantastic book mark... what a neat idea too! Thanks for playing along with us at The Character Cafe this week :)

Rachel said...

Gorgeous bookmarks!! thanks for joining us this week at The Character Cafe!
hugs,
Rachel

Kelly said...

Fabulous bookmaks!! Love the tassles and the vintage images.
Glad you joined us this week at The Character Cafe.
Kelly

iReneM said...

Brilliant, Kym.
I love all four sides.

x