{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Sunday 16 January 2011

Sweet Pea Stampers - 14 January 2011


Over at the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge Blog the challenge this fortnight is "all white apart from the image" - yikes - every time I see an all white card I run a mile and don't enter - sorry Sweet Pea Stampers.  I was though talking to a friend yesterday and she was going to do a card to enter so I decided to do one too.  I even made the challenge even more difficult for myself as I made it fit on a A6 card.  I don't use this size any more on a day-to-day basis but it's that time of the year for us here in the UK when the Docrafts Cancer Research even will take place when crafters make A6 cards, put them in the special envelopes provided and either send/take into a Marie Curie shop and these are sold at £1 each to raise funds.  Last year I made 100 cards.  Not sure how many I'll get done this year but I've made my first now!!!

For my card I have used my Forest Blue Ching-Chou Kuik Sweet Pea stamp and coloured it in with Promarkers, highlighted areas with my Sakura Stardust clear pen, cut the image out with my oval scallop Nestabilities die, distressed the edges with a purple Versamagic chalk ink pad and then highlighted the scallop area with some Stickles.  The backing pieces are plain white card stock, one put through my scroll Cuttlebug folder and the other put through my script Cuttlebug folder.  I have distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and edges with Stickles.  The card is then finished off with some lace, flowers/leaf/butterflies die-cuts all highlighted with Stickles, white card candy and some white fibres.

I am pleased how the card came out although I have to admit that I wasn't going to enter this challenge due to the all white.

This card also fits the following challenges:

Ai Factory - Anything goes
Stampin B's - Use a die-cut on your card/project
Do You Stack Up? - Distress it
Glitterbabe - Anything goes
Moving Along with the Times - Dreams - this image is very peaceful and I (a) dream that this year is a lot easier for me and my family and for so many people who had an awful 2010 and (b) dream of being able to make lots and lots of cards for the Docrafts Appeal.
Some Odd Girl - Let's get embossed
Hodge Podge - White on white
Stamp Something - Anything goes
The Stamp Man - Distressed
Crafty Emma - No designer papers
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Anything goes
Our Daily Bread - Wing it
Kort o Mania - Fantasy/adventure
Shelly's Images - Use lace
Pile it On - Anything goes

38 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card..that sweet pea stamp is lovely!! Thanks for sharing with us at CES xx

Miranda said...

awesome card, like all that white and those sweet peas are so sweet
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge

hugs
Miranda

Debbie said...

I think it has worked out beautifully and will definitely be snapped up by someone for the good cause at Marie Curie xx

Janna Werner said...

hi kym! thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at DYSU! janna

Janna Werner said...

hi kym! thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at DYSU! janna

Janna Werner said...

hi kym! thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at DYSU! janna

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so so gorgeous girl!! I love your white card and the stamp is just gorgeous!! HUGS

Kim B said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is gorgeous Kym!!!
hugs & blessings!

I'm looking forward to working with you @ Aud's!

Jo said...

Oh so delicate! Thanks for joining in the fun at DYSU!

Stef H said...

oh i do the same thing. i am not good at all with ALL WHITE - but girl, you aced it. this is gorgeous and i'm so glad you shared it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

hugs :)

Linda S. L said...

Hi Kym! Love your card, so nice with all the white. it is so fairylike at fits perfectly :D
thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Kort O Mania!
hugs from Linda S.L

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

very sweet Kym!
thanks so much for joining us at SPS this week & good luck!

Benedicte said...

beautiful card, love the image!
thanks so much for joining Kort o mania, and good luck!
hugs, Benedicte

lene´s hobby å sånn said...

Hi :) A really nice and delicate card! Beautiful with that white and purple fairy together! Thank you so much for joining our challange at Kort o Mania!

WencheP said...

Wonderful card, love the image and the butterfly.

Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

ileana said...

Beautiful creation, Kym! the white on white cards are not easy but your is gorgeous!
Thank you for playing with us at Glitterbabe´s Challenge, hugs,

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say thank you for joining along with us at Stamp Something and Glitterbabe's challenge this week!!HUGS

Benzi said...

Gorgeous 'white' card and the soft purple looks so pretty. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

Unknown said...

Love SweetPea images - and that looks so dreamy

kitten DYSU team

Unknown said...

Kym, your card is gorgeous. The image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop. Shelley :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kym, this is such a beautiful card!! Thanks for taking the time to play along inthis weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just beautiful!! I love your coloring and the soft colors!! The sparkle is the perfect touch. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenges!

Ms. Jen said...

Great card Kym! Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful card Kym! Love the sparkles and the pretty butterfly! Thank you so much for playing the ODBD challenge with us! Hugs ~S~

lam said...

beautiful card, love the soft colours

Peggysue said...

So pretty! I know how you feel about all white cards. Scary! I think you did a great job - your card is lovely.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU.

Lisa said...

Stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

oheidia said...

Thank you for joining our challenge and i love your card!

Heidi at Kort O mainia

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab card, thanks for sharing with us over at SPS. Claire x

Pami said...

This is beautiful Kym! The all white looks amazing, so elegant I think. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Brenda Brown said...

This is a fabulous card Kym, I love the lilac on white. Your dreams are wonderful I wish you luck and hope they both come true.
Thankyou for sharing this with us at MAWTT.
I hope you are having a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Kym.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Nancy said...

Very pretty! Love how you tilted the oval. :)

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

This N That said...

Thanks for playing with Some odd girl!

Robin said...

Really pretty Kym! Thanks so much for playing with Some Odd Girl's embossing Challenge!!

stampqueen said...

Very pretty!!!