{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Leaving Job Card

I made a special card for someone leaving at work last week.  I used my Arty Farty template which I bought three years ago and this is only the second time I've used it as I am useless at times just following written instructions.  I see now Arty Farty do pictures to go with the written instructions so that should help - just wish I had them!!!  
The decoupage toppers are from the Flowersoft Wine Buffs CD and I thought this character supping his wine was perfect.  I cut the topper and a matching piece of card with my circle die as I am useless at cutting circles at times.  For the top of the card I used some Tim Holtz glassine paper, inked it with some distress ink pads, scrunched it all up and inked again.  I love the effect and texture this has given to the bottle.  
I personalised the inside with an insert and backing papers from the CD
I made an accompanying box for the bottle to go in.  The stamps I used for the card and also the tissue paper are a See D's "boys and their toys" stamp.  The card has been finished off ribbon, gems and peel-offs.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Moving Along With the Times - Lots of layers
Inspire me Friday - Anything goes
Hotshot Crafts - One for the boys
Crafty Catz - Something beginning with B - bottle, box, booze, bow
Sweet Stampin' - It's a man thing
Allsorts - It's your choice
2 Sisters - Anything goes
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Manly cards
Pan Pastel - Use a ribbon
Cupcake Inspiration - Photo inspiration
Dream Valley - Just for men
Stamps + Fun = Creativity - Non-cute
Crazy Challenge - Anything goes
Crafter's Companion - Anything goes
Truly Madly Crafty - Ribbon and bling

15 comments:

Tina said...

very nice...thanks for sharing a6t cucpake inspirations this week

Tina
sweetie dt

Anne said...

What a brilliant project Kym, love it. Hugs x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Kym. What a wonderful creation, and I am sure the recipient would love it. Love all the detail. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Valchen said...

A lovely card! I love the theme! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crazy Challenge!
Hugs,
Valentina

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fantastic creation hun, love the image you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week

craftymum said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our " one for the boys " challenge

Hugs Sarah x

p.s. We have the new Tim Holtz Distress Marker pens on Pre-order!!!

Debs said...

Fabulous card - great shape.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT and Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Janneke said...

What a amazing card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week!

Janneke XO

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab card, love the papers and the ribbon is a lovely finishing touch. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Hi Kym, what a brilliant card! Love the shape, so nice to see something other than squares!, and the tissue paper wrapping is a fab idea.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kym
A fabulous creation thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Really clever card, it looks great! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Just popping back to say thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Carrie's Corner said...

What a great project! Thanks for sharing this with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie