{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 30 March 2012

Crafty Ann's Challenge #62 - Christmas in March

Another fortnight is up and it's time for another challenge over at the Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog as well.  This fortnight we are being challenged to "Christmas in March".  It's hard enough for Christmas cards to be made at this time of year but when the weather for a lot has been so nice Christmas and the cold it brings will be the last things on your mind but we hope you'll have a go.
For my card I designed most of it in Craft Artist using Crafty Ann's new scrapbook kit - Rhapsody in Blue.  The colours are gorgeous but I like the frames, cogs and posh corners as well.  I've used two backing papers, patchwork corners, vellum corners, buttons and frame.  I reduced the frame down enough for my topper to fit onto.  I then printed it off.  With what we've heard on the news this week about the cost of postage going up dramatically in a short while it's handy to get extra dimension and texture digitally and then print it off as it's only one layer on a card.  The topper is from Lili of the Valley and I have distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and then inked with a blue chalk ink pad.  I've then added some white Stickles for snow and the pop-pom on the hat.  The card is finished off with a sentiment, some Papermania glitterations and some ribbon.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Emma - Photo inspiration
One Stitch at a Time - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Monochromatic
The Crazy Challenge - Add a sentiment
House of Gilli - White plus one other colour - for me the other colour I have chosen is blue
Lollipop Crafts - Anything goes
Ribbon Carousel - Anything goes
Paper Pretties - Include bling

5 comments:

Josephine said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie x

CG said...

How fun! Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week! Best, CG

Michelle said...

Lovely card. I like the color bleu.
Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
LG Michelle

scrap joanny said...

so sweet image wow - thank so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna