{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 12 February 2016

Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Monthly Challenge Blog - Kym's Inspiration Post - Friday 12 February 2016

For this week the whole Design Team were challenged to "use at least 2 ribbons".

I decided to make a 3D project this week.  I had used a pattern from a Debbi Moore Bookfolding Magazine and made a gnome/pixie/fairy house.  It took a while to do the bookfolding and then I inked the pages with Tim Holtz's Gathered Twigs distress ink.  I then used some wood effect card that I got for Christmas from a friend to make the front door.

For my project I have used the Chou Kuik image called "Toadstool Head" and coloured her in with Promarkers and used Stickles glitter glue for her fairy wings as fairies have to sparkle don't they?

I have used various shades of brown papers by Summertime Designs and printed them onto lightweight card.  I have printed the backs of the paper as well as I hate to see 3D handmade flowers with plain white behind.  I have used my Sue Wilson Camellia Complete Petals die for the flowers.  I have shaped all the flowers with my new Tonic flower shaping tool.  I've normally "made do" with a Glitter Girls embossing tool but the new Tonic one which I got with some Christmas vouchers for Colemans is so much better even for the smaller flowers.  I have used some Marianne Designs greenery dies as a backdrop to the flowers.  I add some liquid pearls to the centre of some of the flowers and some white sparkly Nuvo crystals to the other.

I have finished this project off with the flowers, die-cut butterflies, 3 different spotty ribbons and then made a large bow with some brown seam binding and some gold bead effect ribbon.

I am entering this 3D bookfolding project into the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with optional twist of create a single layer card
Love to Create - Anything creative/mixed media goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything goes mixed media
Not Just Cards - Anything goes
Pile it On - Homemade embellishments (flowers)
Eureka Stamps - Recycle it (book has been recycled)
Craft Your Passion - Always anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - Always anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Dies and/or punches
Sisters of Craft - Anything goes
Penny's Paper Challenge - Your favourite colour or favourite embellishments (favourite embellishments - ribbon and flowers)
Create and Inspire - Anything goes
I Love Promarkers - BINGO (I have gone for the middle horizontal line of die-cuts (lots of die-cut flowers, free and pearls (hope liquid pearls was OK)
Inspiration Destination - Anything goes
CRAFT - Make your own embellishments (flowers)
Time Out Challenge - Love is the flower you've got to let grow (I have decided to go with flowers and lots of them!!)
Crafting with Friends - Anything goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything goes
Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and fantastic make Kym have a lovely week-end
Dianne xx :)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a fabulous project . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty said...

What a wonderful project. Thank you for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.
Mary

Paperesse said...

Wow! This is one awesome project!I'm impressed not only by the stunning outcome, but by the time you must have spend doing it. Truly beautiful!!!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Beautiful project, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft. Wendy DT x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful make Kym thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Aurora said...

oh wow! This is such an amazing paper sculpture! Love the door to the fungi house. Perfect match for the image as well. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create and hope to see you back soon.
Cheers,
Aurora

Chana Malkah said...

Stunning! I think you did a fabulous job with this! Book Folding always fascinates me and this is a fun and well executed example of the art! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Your project is amaizing. I have alway want to make one of those amazing book bending projects. Great recycling. Thank you for joining us at our recycling challenge. Good luck at Eureka Stamps.

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my this is amazing! I've never seen anything like it before. Really clever design! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Jill V said...

What a fun project! I just love all the little details that you added - like the flowers on the top! Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out this week! Jill

Dawn said...

A sweet little project! Thanks for recycling with Eureka Stamps this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful project, my mom used to make these but never so beautifully decorated. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps for our Recycling Challenge.
Karal DT

Christy Designs said...

Wow... what a fabulous project you have made !
Amazing book binding and great decorated.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiment Challenge

Lisa said...

What a fantastic project.It looks stunning and your work has certainly paid off.Love the sweet image and all the added flowers.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

MagsB said...

Oh wow, Kym, this is absolutely amazing!! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

KandA said...

Wow, this is amazing xx

Michelle said...

This is a stunning creation. Fantastic book folding and fabulously done - thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Tamie said...

Stunning piece of art! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #27.

Tamie DT

Sandra Wright. said...

I do admire the art of folding book pages...and your piece is just stunning, great attention to detail too with all the embellishing.
Thank you for joining us over at Altered eclectics..x

Rina Meza said...

Oh my! This is just GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! Rina, DT Member

Helen said...

Just amazing, Kym - love it!

Thanks for joining us at Create and Inspire.

Helen x

Glittertastic said...

Aww - this is simply fabulous Kym - thank you for sharing this with us at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member