{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Friday 26 February 2016

Technique Week - Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Facebook Group

Over at the Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook Group this week Bonnie (Design Team Leader) is holding a "Technique Week" whereby Design Team members show different techniques throughout the week.

I decided to show various techniques with one embossing folder.  It's easy just to emboss a piece of card and used it in our cards/creations but you can do so much more with embossing folders.
In this first set of images you can see:
  • in the first photo I have used distress markers used to colour the folder before embossing
  • in the second photo I embossed a piece of card, scribbled different shades of yellow/green Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers onto a glass, spritzed, swished the card around in it, left to dry and then I sanded back a bit.
  • In the third photo I rubbed over Tim Holtz's Squeezed Lemonade distress ink before I embossed the piece of card.

In this second set of images you can see:
  • I have embossed the card but on the debossed side I have coloured the image in with alcohol pens
  • I have embossed the card, inked over with Tim Holtz's Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Shabby Shutters distress inks, spritzed and then sprinkled over mica powder for sparkle and shine.
  • I have embossed the card and then I have coloured the image in with Pan Pastels.

Isn't it amazing how differently the embossing looks using different techniques?
  
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: