{ font-family: Arial!important;}

Followers

Monday 10 July 2017

Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - July 2017 - Summertime

 It is time for another challenge over at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge Blog.

The topic this month is "SUMMERTIME".

Here is my card with this theme.  
For my card I have used the Dovecraft Back to Basics goody bag.  These goodie bags are a wonderful idea as everything matches in the bag.  For this card I have used some backing papers, card blanks (which I have cut up for matting and layering as I wanted to make a bigger card) and some gems.

The rubber stamp I have had for a long time and is by Michael Powell.  I recently changed around my storage for my stamps.  It took over two weeks to finish but I have easy access to my stamps now and have made use of stamps like this that had not seen the "light of day"!!  I have coloured the image in with my Promarkers and some of my Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens.  I then have used my Wow! embossing pen on the surface of the sea and then added my Wow! Sand Dunes embossing powder to add some sparkle to the sea.  I then used my Wow! embossing pen on the windows of the huts and the glass of the lighthouse and then added my Wow! superfine clear embossing powder to add a glaze to the glass.

I have finished the card off with some decorative fish net, various seaside themed die-cuts coloured with Pan Pastels and some gems from the goodie bag.

This card is for my husband's birthday.  I long to live by the sea.  In the meantime when we go away it always has to be near the sea.  One time when my husband was at a course in Eastbourne I went too and I had a scary experience with a seagull who swooped down and pinched one triangle of my sandwich.  A few years later my husband and I went back again to Eastbourne and we dared to sit in the same spot.  Obviously it was a place drawn by seagulls as one swooped down and tried to pinch our lunch.  Needless to say we moved inside the shopping centre to finish our lunch!!

 I am entering this card into the following challenges: 

Cardz 4 Guyz - Beside the sea
Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper July Challenge - Anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty friends - Anything goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything goes with the option of blue and green
Delicious Doodles - Beside the sea
Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes
The Male Room - Add texture (embossing and netting)
Let's Craft and Create - Beachy or red/white/blue
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
The Crafty Addicts - Anything goes/summer colours
Crafting by Designs - Anything goes
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Simon Says - Summer sunshine
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything goes
Star Stampz - Summer celebrations
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything goes
Craft Rocket - Anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Stamping - no digis
Crafting with Friends - Anything goes
Creative Fingers - Anything goes
QKR Stampede - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes with the optional twist of add some lace
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything goes
Sweet Stampin - Photo inspiration

18 comments:

Wendy L said...

Love your summer theme,thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket xxxx

Jonnece said...

I love your card. The image is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Craft and Create'. Jonnece DT

Kaija said...

Gorgeous summer card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

Cazro said...

Ohh!! I LOVE it. I have the stamp which is brilliant. I totally love your background and design. A fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

Julie B said...

Love the image and the added embellishments work so well, it reminds me of the beach hut we had at Nefyn.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Stampsnob. said...

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely with us at LET;S CRAFT AND CREATE

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your wish to live near the sea, shows in this card, it is wonderful, love the image, the details, the netting, I'm sure your hubby loved it. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Textured challenge. Hope to see you again. Faith DT

Anna-Karin said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Nicola Gold said...

Hi Kym,
Ooh goody bags... I really miss the DoCrafts ones... such great value. Great job on the image and all your details are so perfect. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' July 2017.
{hugs} Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this is a perfect shore card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Koraliki Beaty said...

Love it. Beautiful Card. Thanks for joining us at Star Stampz. DT Beata

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kym it's very beautiful
Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the seaside theme. Super fun image and I love the die cut shells. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting! Deborah, DT.

Sarah Bell said...

A beautiful card, really stunning, I love the detail – thanks for joining in the Lemon Shortbread Blog Challenge. I am now following your lovely blog! – Sarah DT – If you would like to follow me too mine is: http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

Catie Cuddles said...

Gorgeous card and fun story about the seagulls... they can be so insistent!
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge last month. Hope to see you again soon. Sorry I am a little late with my comments.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x (DT)
:)

crafty-stamper said...

Great card love the image -netting and seagulls---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Stampsnob. said...

Now that is just too dang cute TFS Let's Craft and Create........Lis

Vannessa said...

Great card Kym - love the colours. Thank you so much for joining in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this time. Hope to see you again! Apologies for the late comment. Life has been manic recently!

Hugs, Vannessa xxx
Delicious Doodles DT

(See what I mean by being behind on my commenting. Didn't realise I had missed so many!)